Worship‎ > ‎

Church Architecture

The church building which currently houses the congregation was built from 1903-1906. Its architect was W.H. Cadwell and the contract for construction was given to Murphy Brothers of Norwich. The exterior is “native marble” (granite) from Ashley Falls, MA. The interior was renovated in 1923. Two spires which originally graced the north and south towers were removed after lightning struck the south tower in 1925.




 

 

   


Church Mural

  

  




Church Organ

The human voice is the primary instrument of Christian praise and worship. The pipe organ uses breath just like the voice, hence it is the ideal accompanying instrument for congregational singing. We are the stewards of a wonderful instrument that turns 40 years old in 2008, and is in showroom condition. The organ is used at every service throughout the year. It is is maintained by A. Thompson-Allen Co., curators of organs at Yale University, and has been played by many concert artists during its lifetime. You can see the organ up close any Sunday, or at other times by arrangement with Bill Hively. Bill offers lessons on the instrument.